Mental Health First Aid
|Date:||Friday May 27, 2022|
|Phone:||027 383 0260|
St John is hosting 4 free Mental Health First Aid courses around the Hauraki District in the next couple of weeks. Since they received such a great response from the community last time. The course will teach you the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to someone experiencing mental health concerns. In this full-day course, in-depth discussions, lessons, and scenario-based activities will give you:
you will learn the following:
- Gain an understanding of the relationship between mental health and wellness.
- Identify the early signs of mental distress.
- Learn strategies to safely manage a mental health crisis.
- Know and be able to use the St John listen to your HEAD action plan.
- Identify agencies who can help and know-how to get immediate assistance if necessary.
- Understand debrief strategies for self-care including reflective practice.
- the tools to build your own mental fitness
- the skills to recognise mental distress
- the confidence to provide initial help and guide a person towards professional help
St John Mental Health First Aid Courses – One Day Course – Free
- Paeroa – May 23
- Waihi – May 24
- Tairua – May 26
- Coromandel May 27