Mercury Bay Boating Club Multi Hull Regatta
Mercury Bay Boating Club
|Date:||Friday November 13, 2020|
|Location:||Mercury Bay Boating Club|
|Address:||90 Buffalo Beach Road, Waikato 3510|
The Mercury Bay Boating Club invites you to the Second Annual Double Trouble Multi Hull Regatta, Mercury Bay Boating Club, Whitianga, 13 – 15 November, 2020.
After a great inaugural event last November, the Mercury Bay Boating Club is excited to announce the dates for this year’s Double Trouble Multihull Regatta. If you have a Hobie Cat, Prindle, Tornado, A-Class or similar and you are keen to join in on some fun and exciting races in a stunning location, then mark the date on your calendar.
Mercury Bay is on the east coast of the Coromandel Peninsula. With Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach to the South and Opito and Otama Bays to the north, Whitianga is at the epicentre for the best the Coromandel has to offer. The race course has an amphitheatre-like quality to it. Rocky islands and dramatic stone arches lie just offshore while sheer cliffs and both white and black sand beaches ring the perimeter. The bay is challenging but very safe. Orca and dolphin are frequent visitors, as are Kingfish, Kahawai, and Snapper. Captain Cook observed the transit of Mercury from these shores in 1769.
The town of Whitianga has numerous attractions for both young and old including great fishing, diving, and hiking. The Lost Spring Geothermal Spa is located here for hot water soaks and beauty treatments. Restaurants, cafés and galleries are plentiful as are supermarkets, hardware stores and chandleries. Accommodation for all budgets is available in town, on the outskirts and of course in our sister villages of Kuaotunu, Wharekaho, Cook’s Beach and Flaxmill Bay. Whitianga is a family friendly thermal ocean village with a recent town centre upgrade, a brand new playground, and marvellous beaches, estuaries and creeks.
- 13 – 15 November 2020
- Registration and Social gathering on Friday, 13 November at the club. Registration will also be held on the Saturday morning.
- 3 to 4 races on Saturday 14 November followed by BBQ and Beach Party.
- 2 to 3 Races on Sunday morning, 15 November, with prizegiving immediately following so visitors can be on the road by early afternoon, if they wish.
- We have the perfect race course for scenic round the bay races, large triangles and sausages, windward leeward and destination sails.
- Prizes from local and city sponsors
- Commemorative T-shirts to be printed